- A:(Answer from Physician's Assistant April Buckingham, MPAS): Recovery from a Brazilian Butt Lift takes time, but our patients know: it's worth it. Our BBL procedure, which uses liposuction and fat grafting together to sculpt and improve the shape of your buttocks, has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates of any surgery we offer at our offices in Charleston, SC. When followed carefully, our post-operative care instructions can help you get the most out of your BBL. Here are some tips to help you heal and recover quickly and beautifully from your BBL:
- A:Deciding which technique will give the best results depends on the location, the amount of fat to remove, skin quality and other factors. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Brian G. Widenhouse does both frequently and will advise which you are a candidate for, and which will give you better results...
- A:The main deciding factor between getting a Brazilian Butt Lift (a fat grafting procedure) or butt implants is how much fat you have to work with. Real fat from your body shapes well, and I can put it specifically into the areas that need it. I can also use it to help create hips if they are desired as part of your new look. Complication rates tend to be lower with the Brazilian Butt Lift, liposuction is part of the procedure and it costs less. With ...
- A:Liposuction can significantly reduce localized fat deposits to improve your overall body contour on nearly every area of the body. A tummy tuck (also known as abdominoplasty) is a surgical procedure that can help you achieve a flat, toned abdomen. Many of my clients at Port City Plastic Surgery who are close to or at their goal weight are choosing body contouring procedures like SmartLipo and CoolSculpting. The best procedure for you depends upon ...
- A:I perform fat grafting for the Brazilian Butt Lift on three dimensions: below the muscle, in the muscle, and above the muscle. By getting right up next to the skin, I can actually create a smoother, perkier silhouette. This improves appearance of cellulite because the fat added fills in the "dimples" of cellulite. The fat graft is your own fat, taken via liposuction. So the Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure that also creates a leaner, more youthful look in other areas of your body through liposuction, complementing the additional volume you get in your derriere.
- A:A consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon like me who specializes in breast augmentation and breast lifts is the most important thing you need to do to determine whether your goals would be best met with a breast lift or breast implants. At the exam, we can talk about your options as well as what will work best for you given your body shape and goals. There are aesthetic considerations to think about when making this decision ...
- A:Most of my patients considering breast enhancement surgery want a clear picture of what they will look like after the surgery. Some of our Charleston, SC patients worry they are considering implants that are too large, or too small. Before and after photo galleries of other patients can help, but may not give you the full picture. As a rule of thumb, the most common implant sizes, whether silicone or saline, are 350-450ccs. But size is just one part of the equation ...
- A:Immediately after surgery, your breasts may be swollen, making them appear larger than you desired. Breast implants are also initially placed high on the chest so that they can settle into place naturally. If you have small children, for the first 4-5 days after surgery you may need help lifting your kids, doing more strenuous housework or any physical work on the job. Those with desk jobs may return to work during that first week, and can resume driving.
- A:The recovery period from breast implant surgery can vary widely depending on the exact procedure you had, how well you follow postoperative instructions, and how quickly you heal naturally. Following your surgery, you will be given a prescription for pain medication and can return to normal activities within a few days ...
- A:We tell our patients that returning to activities that elevate their heart rate and blood pressure is possible at the 2 week point after breast augmentation surgery. Power walking, treadmill and other exercise that does not involve the upper body may also be resumed. Taking a break from strenuous exercise for the first 2-3 weeks helps prevent additional swelling or the collection of fluid during your recovery.
Dr. Widenhouse at Port City Plastic Surgery in Charleston, SC is one of the few physicians in the US performing the “Madonna Lift”, an eye lift using CO2 Laser instead of surgery. It’s the newest way to treat eye wrinkles and an alternative to traditional blepharoplasty. The “Madonna Lift” has generated plenty of buzz recently. … Read More
The Deka DOT Fractional CO2 laser at Port City Plastic Surgery in Charleston, SC is our newest, non-invasive way of resurfacing the skin of the face and neck. Reverse the appearance of aged and sun damaged skin, wrinkles and lines. Improve the volume and texture of skin with minimal downtime. The DEKA DOT laser allows … Read More
We are thrilled to announce that Physician’s Assistant and South Carolina native April Buckingham has joined the Port City Plastic Surgery team. Her previous experience is in urgent care and in women’s health. April is a South Carolina native, originally from Summerville near Port City Plastic Surgery’s offices. She attended the University of South Carolina for undergrad, and … Read More
After losing a considerable amount of weight through gastric bypass surgery, Jacqueline came to us to help with some problem areas. Read on for an interview and to learn more about her transformation. It was our privilege to be part of the journey! PCPS: When did you first start considering a procedure? Were you considering … Read More
Nationally ranked tennis player and co-founder of the Charleston Professional Tennis League Chris Henderson from Tampa Florida, had CoolSculpting with Port City Plastic Surgery this year. Read our interview with him to learn about how he chose Dr. Widenhouse, and how he feels about his results! PCPS: When did you first start considering a procedure? … Read More
It was our privilege to share in busy Mom Misty’s transformation! After achieving her weight loss goals, she came to us for plastic surgery to help with areas that did not respond to diet and exercise. We are so pleased that she now feels more confident and strong. Read our interview with her below to … Read More
About Port City Plastic Surgery
Welcome to the website of Charleston, South Carolina’s Port City Plastic Surgery. We invite you to learn more about plastic surgery and our plastic surgery practice for your breast surgery, body contouring or facial rejuvenation procedure. Brian G. Widenhouse, M.D. practices plastic and reconstructive surgery with special emphasis on breast surgery, body contouring, and facial surgery. After completing a full five year general surgery residency, he spent an additional two years training in a plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship. Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Widenhouse is dedicated to providing quality patient care, with an emphasis on patient safety and meeting your personal goals. Please read about his philosophy of Plastic Surgery as well as his complete education and training resume.
A Full-Service Plastic Surgery Practice
At Port City Plastic Surgery, Dr. Widenhouse performs a variety of body contouring, breast, and facial rejuvenation procedures, such as:
Breast augmentation | Breast Reduction | Breast lifts | Liposuction | CoolSculpting | Body contouring after major weight loss | Tummy Tuck | Facial rejuvenation, face lifts, eyelid surgery | BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport Injections | Fillers, such as Restylane, Perlane, Juvéderm and Radiesse injections | Facial Dermal Fillers | Laser Skin Resurfacing | Tattoo Removal | Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty) | Buttock Augmentation